The Lion’s Pride Marching Band began competing in 1983. Assembled here is information about competition classifications along with all available historical performance information for Liberty’s primary competition circuit – the Tournament of Bands.
Classification: Group Size
- Group 1 – up to 30 musicians and a maximum of 30 auxiliary
- Group 2 – 31 to 50 musicians and a maximum of 50 auxiliary
- Group 3 – 51 to 75 musicians and a maximum of 75 auxiliary
- Group 4 – 76 or greater
Classification: Performance Level
- OPEN CLASS: This level is what has been offered in the past – bands will compete throughout the season for TOB scoring and conclude their season with the annual Chapter Championship and qualification for the annual Atlantic Coast Championship
- A CLASS: This level is for the less experienced bands – bands will compete throughout the season, with emphasis on education and development, but still follow the TOB scoring. Student education, development, and staff training will be emphasized throughout the season.
- FESTIVAL CLASS: This level will introduce bands to TOB – bands will compete, but at more of an exhibition level with awards based on a rating program without the announcement of a numeric score or place. Student education, development, and staff training will be emphasized throughout the season. This season concludes with the annual Chapter Championship, still following the rating system.
Lion’s Pride Marching Band ToB Performance Summary:
All classifications unless otherwise noted are OPEN (championship) divisions. Some chapter performance records for years prior to 1996 are not available.
|Year||Class||Chapter||Chapter Score||Chapter Place||ACC Score||ACC Place||ACC Notes|
|2018||3||5||96.40||1||98.00||1||Best Drum Major, High Visual, High Music|
|2017||3||5||94.55||2||96.00||3||Best Drum Major, High Woodwinds|
|2014||3||5||93.45||1||93.85||6||Best Drum Major|
|2003||1A||5||85.85||3||87.20||2||A CLASS; Best Woodwinds|
|1999||3||13||94.74||1||96.90||3||Best Music & Brass|
|1998||3||13||95.15||2||95.15||6||Best Percussion & Drum Major|
|1995||3||13||Not Available||1||96.00||5||Best Percussion|
|1991||3||13||Not Available||1||94.75||6||Best Woodwinds|